Thursday, October 20, 2005

Love Is.....

1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love

Love is...patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends; (I Cortinthians 13:4-8)

I had a life-changing conversations with my dearest friend last night. Actually, I have been having some serious convos with this him these past few weeks. And it seems like in every conversation we have, he would ask me the question, "is that what Love is?"

I would be quiet after he asks this, as I believed I knew what the Bible said about love. Today I decided to look it up, so that I have no excuses. As shown above, this is what God said love should be, among other things. I chose these two because they apply to both me and my friend, as well as many other young adults out there. Whether we are about to move to a new city/country, or we can't decide whether to commit to that one person/profession....we sometimes find 0urselves scared of taking that next step (FEAR) .
I had been ruled by fear for a long time. Now, I am putting everything in my God's hands because if there's one thing fear taught me, that was that I am only human and there's nothing I can do but hope in God, and Love in the process. Hoping and enduring has put me on the path to experiencing Perfect Love. I am still on that path, as I am reminded from time to time, as I sometimes find myself deviating to the paths of JEALOUSY, ANGER, RESENTMENT, and worst of all....HOPELESSNESS.

This has affected my relationships in the past with people, and my future plans in life.But not anymore. I have hope in alot of things, and I am finding true love, not as man knows it, but as God intended it.

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM , Blogger Emmanuel said...

Love, That is good that you have a reference on what is love. Sometimes we speak in metphores about how we really feel when there are great sources all around, don't you think?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home