Monday, April 17, 2006

Is there really an "Easter Monday"??? I think I've grown up hearing this that I''d never decided to take the time to confirm this for myself. I still have not figured this out, or thought about this day...So if you have anything to tell me about today, I am interested.

But there's one day I KNOW about. There's one thing I'm certain of, and that's I have been saved. I've been saved from the condemnation that comes from living this life, I've been saved from the power of sin, very importantly, I've been saved from MYSELF. Who did this and when did it happen? Our Savior and our Maker did it for me, took it all from me, and sacrificed it all for me over 2,000 years ago yesterday.

Yesterday was so blessed, and fortunately, I learnt something different. I read about how He was crucified on the cross, bearing the sin of all mankind, and we who rejoice in His life and death are to sacrifice ourselves daily, and bear our own crosses in order to continually follow Him. I realized that Easter Sunday is not the only day to truly celebrate it all, but everyday of my life. I am to be excited that I love because He died and because He lives to. I am sometimes too caught up in this life to remember to carry my cross. When I do decide to, the cross has to be dusted off, and for a couple of days, it seems heavier because it has been a while since I last carried it.
I doubt if that's the way we are to do things. From refusing to say His name at the end of every single prayer prayed in public or prices, to refusing to bless or thank anyone blesses or curses us. (As I write this, I try to include myself in this).I am eternally grateful to God, first and foremost, for choosing to love me while I was in my mess of messes, and for sacrificing His all despite the fact that I will continue to slip up, being that my heart is fickle and desperately wicked.
I will continue to try not to take this all for granted.

My Pastor made this shocking but true statement yesterday, and that is that you can ask almost everyone if they believe in God (or sometimes a God), and they would say "yes", but not everyone honestly believes God (God the Father, God the Son/Word, God the Holy Spirit).

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16)

Happy Easter Everybody....Everyday:-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home