Saturday, April 22, 2006

Tear down and Build...Again

Ok.....So I've written like 4 times already this week. What can I say?? It's been an extraordinary week.
To top this off, I went on my first community service project yesterday. The University normally hosts a Volunteer day where anyone and everyone comes out, on this Friday, to do some community service. Yesterday, I felt special..I felt blessed because I was able to do something, for someone, in a way I had never experienced before.
My team (of about 15 people) went to work with Habitat for Humanity, and we spent all day tearing down walls, moving chunks or planks of wood (am I right?) and building. I used a Jack Hammer to make a holes 3 Ft deep and then I mixed up and poured cement into these holes. It was scary yet exciting. I wanted to do more, but my body was hinting that I didn't.
I might be part of the few people out here in America who are volunteering in this way, for the first time, but hey....I'm happy I have been able to do something, though little but significant nonetheless. The homes this group rebuild and send are beautiful inside and out, and they sell them for very cheap prices. These neighborhoods need a lot of help and work, and it does my heart glad that they are a group of people sacrificing their time, health and money to see that some form of change is brought about.

So thank you UB for giving me this great, great life-changing opportunity. All the volunteers we blessed at the end of the day...Unfortunately we didn't break down into Psalm singing all togehter.Hahahaha.I thank God for it.

Ohhhhhh...One last thing....MY PHONE IS BACK ON!!!Same number but different phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home