Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Summer (Part 1)

I do have to say, it's been more than a while since I posted anything new. But I figured that since I am embarking on a completely new experience, I should have a place to update those closest to me about the different happenings that occur on a daily/weekly basis.

So much has happened since I turned 23 in Feb. I've experienced so much that has changed my views on relationships, family, world economies and God. Most of all, I am grateful to God for who I am now, and who I feel I am on a journey to becoming.
To touch on the most recent events, some loved ones have been blessed enough to graduate, get accepted into schools of their dreams, and get married traditionally. I just started an internship in health care management, at the UN health care center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It's been a life-changing experience so far, and though (honestly) I am a little scared of the remaining two months to come (for various reasons), I know that I will be equipped with the strength needed to make it through those uncertain times.
My sister had her traditional wedding about two weekends ago here, and boy was that an eye-opening experience. I am happy to say that she is well on her way to making a young man out there one of the world's luckiest people. I am both excited and sad about the whole thing. I will be giving up some of the rights I thought I had to someone else, who loves her alot, but never as much as I do. But such is life I guess, and we all learn to love and let go sometimes. But this is a 'till death do us part' relationship...the one I have with my sister, and that is something no one can take away. I will work on uploading the pics from the ceremony (and my b-day...I haven't forgotten) as soon as I can.

Through all this, I remember to give God all the glory and honor, for He continues to bless each and every one of us, especially at times when we least deserve or feel it. I don't want to be all over the place, but I will continue to write as time goes bye. I miss and love you all back in MD/DC/VA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home